The Section 8 waiting list for housing vouchers has been closed since 2004. The waiting list application will open on Monday October 16 at 6 a.m. and close on Sun. October 29 at 5 p.m. Applications must be received online and applicants must have an email address. Free email sign ups can be done in advance at local public libraries.
Before starting the application process, have the following information on hand:
- Your email address
- The name of the head of household, his/her date of birth, current address and mailing, phone number, and social security number or alien registration number, if he/she has one.
- The name of the spouse/co-head of the household (if applicable), his/her date of birth, current address, phone number, and social security number or alien registration number, if he/she has one.
- The total number of people (including yourself) that will live in the household;
- Your household’s total annual income from all sources; and
- A paper and pen ready to write down the confirmation number of your submitted application for the lottery (you will also receive an email with this information).