What does the Planning & Land Use Committee Do:
The committee makes recommendations to the Board on Planning and Land Use Issues, including the following:
- Proposed Zoning Changes
- Affordable Housing Projects
- Large Developments that are NOT allowed “by right”
- Updates to the Harbor Gateway Community Plan
- Two other Community Plans for the Harbor Gateway North Area
- Proposals related to Land Use and the Impact of Development on Health & Welfare of Stakeholders
Committee members are expected to listen to the detail of land use proposal presented by applicants for projects in the Harbor Gateway North, to fairly evaluate the impact of the projects on the surrounding neighborhoods, and to make recommendations for improvements to the project proposals.
The Committee then makes it recommendations to the full HGNNC Board, whose members vote on its position to support or oppose the proposed project.
The Committee meets the First Saturday of Each Month.
If you are interested in joining the PLU Committee or would like further information, please email us at email@example.com NO later than Monday, September 2nd, 2019 by 5pm.